fortunato's blog

Sunday, June 10, 2007

Victim of a Medical Malpractice

As an Overseas Filipino Worker (OFW), we usually need to have a routine medical check up and evaluation as part of getting a new contract to work abroad. Apparently the Medical Diagnostic Center where I was sent to take my test did something very stupid to me.

Unknown to most people, the proper routine is to get your blood tested first after fasting and followed by vaccination if necessary. It should never be done in reverse because some vaccines have temporary side effects that could alter the results of your blood tests.

This is what exactly happened to me. On the day that I was to take my medical evaluation I was not informed that I had to fast prior to the day of my medical exam. Since I did not fast, I was sent for vaccination and was told to take my blood test the following day. The rest is history. Please refer to to the following website for details of some of the miss understanding about vaccines.

http://www.bmj.com/cgi/content/full/316/7127/311/a

At first I was really worried to know something is wrong with my blood but later I found out that what was happening to me is typical to most recently vaccinated individuals. Unfortunately the people of this diagnostic center were ignorant of effects of vaccination to our blood and made stupid conclusion about me. This matter has greatly affected my medical exam and to the time of writing this blog it is still being resolved.

6 days after my vaccination I went to another diagnostic center and had my blood tested. To my expectation, I was back to normal. Good grief! at last I am normal! but the stupid folks of the previous diagnostic center still think otherwise. I even presented a medical recommendation from Makati Medical Center to this stupid Diagnostic Center about my case. I was an obvious case of medical malpractice by this Diagnostic center and I intend to pursue legal action against them if this matter is not resolved soon.

10 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home